I’ve just finished the first 2 weeks of the Beachbody Insanity workout program. The advert bills it as the “hardest workout ever put on DVD”, and it really is very tough indeed. Like P90X with the notch turned all the way up, with Insanity you will train to muscle failure again and again. You will need to dig deep to complete this program, but the results speak for themselves.
Based on the principle of MAX INTERVAL TRAINING, Insanity turns old fashioned interval training on it’s head. Instead of working out moderately with short bursts of high intensity, Insanity does the opposite. You work flat out for periods of 3-5 minutes, with breaks just long enough to gulp down some air. You body works at maximum capacity for the entire workout.
Pushing the limits means your body has to adapt. That’s why people are seeing such incredible results after just 60 days.
I’ve never felt so tested by a DVD workout, but the motivation factor is kept high. Trying to keep up with the people in the video is a challenge, and they help give the workout a ‘team’ atmosphere. Shaun T is tough but inspirational.
Insanity is made up of 10 DVDs over the two months. The program looks like this for month one:
- PLYOMETRICS for insane legs and glutes
- UPPER BODY RESISTANCE for sculpted arms, shoulders, chest, and back.
- PURE CARDIO for crazy fat burn.
- CARDIO ABS with intensive core work so you can get awesome abs like Shaun T.
- RECOVERY gives your body a break at the end of an insane week.
Then month two cranks the intensity even higher:
- MAX INTERVAL CIRCUIT for the toughest interval workout you’ve done so far.
- MAX INTERVAL PLYO will push your legs until they cry for mercy.
- MAX CARDIO CONDITIONING takes your body to the limit with an extreme cardio workout.
- MAX RECOVERY lets you build strength for a whole new round.
This is advanced and you need a ‘go tough or go home’ attitude. If you are completely out of shape or not willing to work hard, it’s not for you. However, if you are able to handle it and don’t give up easy, this could well get you in the best shape you’ve ever been in. So I guess the question is